Using a engine hoist to lift a Chinese made milling machine and lathe

Finally after 2 years of the machine being on my garage floor, I got it back on its table, yeah

Moving into the rental 2 years ago, we thought this will be temporary, mmmh 2 years down the drain and we still in the rental. Initially I had 4 guys picking up the machine and placing it on the floor. That proved to be extremely dangerous, broken backs, broken toes, broken fingers, so I decided this time I'll do it better, so off to the tool shop and bought this Cherry Picker as the Americans call it. We call it a Engine Crane...

Engine Crane
Very important, fill the jack with HYDRAULIC oil before you use it, I made the mistake if just using it when I got it home and off course blew the one seal as all the oil ran out while in storage....

I also decided to get a load leveler, 750KG LOAD LEVELER WITH HOOKS. I was scared that the machine might tip over to one side and seeing that I'm alone in my quest.... This was important...



Got some 6mm steel cable and made 4 short ropes from the steel cable. Used 2 x 16mm threaded rods through the base of the machine and then LIFT.... scared the living daylights out of me, having a 500kg machine 1.5m off the ground... not for me thanks...

Ready..... uuum no....

Now for the lathe

 Dog walking straps are handy for something else...


Little Ariel inspecting my work

Whoopee, now for some serious metalwork...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.